Here are just a few updates on our family & ministry! :)
- We are currently in northern California on a two week ministry tour. We had four church services last weekend and have three this upcoming weekend. It was a gift to connect with two new churches and we look forward to future ministry opportunities with them. On Saturday evening, there were several people who attended from the rescue mission. It is always exciting when Josh has the opportunity to share his testimony and the Gospel in settings such as that! We also were able to minister at two churches we've been to in the past. The familiarity and welcome as family is always refreshing!
- Sunday night, on our way back to the trailer, our truck began to have transmission problems. We took it into a shop in town Monday morning and were grateful to have it back by yesterday afternoon. The repair was more expensive than we would have hoped, but we were thankful to not have to replace the transmission! :) It could have been much worse. God is a faithful provider and we are rejoicing that the repair did not require a long wait for parts!
- Tuesday afternoon, a mobile notary met us here at our RV park so that we could sign the papers to close on our house!!! This is the fruit of months and months of prayers and waiting! We are beyond grateful for God's provision of a home of our own! Thank you to all who have joined us in praying for this!
- Monday we posted a listing to sell our trailer on Craigslist. In response to the transitions in our ministry (you can read more about those here and here), we've decided it is best to sell the trailer and then purchase a small fuel efficient commuter car. We would love to sell it while we're down here in California simply to make the drive home easier, but if it doesn't sell this week then we'll just take it back to Washington with us and sell it there.
- Between the travel and the stress of the move, we've managed to catch a nasty cold. The boys aren't too bad, but it's hit Josh and I pretty hard! We'd appreciate your prayers for a speedy healing, especially before this upcoming weekend.
- Today we are celebrating Thing 1's 11th birthday! Oh my goodness, how did that happen?!?! T-1 is an awesome young man who loves the Lord and loves his family! We are so grateful for the gift that he is to everyone he meets!
- After this weekend of ministry, we will head back north. Our hope is to be back in Washington by Tuesday afternoon. We will then go pick up the keys to our new home (YAY!!!) and begin setting up house! :) We will officially move in next Friday with the help of several new friends in the area! We praise God for His continual hand of protection and provision on our family! Thank you for all of your prayers!
Hi! I'm Sarah
I'm so glad you stopped by! I pray you find encouragement and a reason to smile while you're visiting! If this is your first time on my blog, be sure to START HERE.
God is Unchanging!
He is still
on the throne!
(see Psalm 102)
Lord, you are
and my cup
you hold my future.
The boundary lines have fallen for me
in pleasant places;
indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.
I will bless the Lord who counsels me--
even at night when my thoughts trouble me.
I always let the Lord guide me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
2 Samuel, 1 Chronicles
(Bible in a year reading plan)
for the Christian Life
by Donald Whitney
(reading this with Josh)
by Kelly Needham
The Fibro Manual
by Ginevra Liptan